LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -229771 at DAQmx Start Task.vi

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm getting this error as described at: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/03123D0E8A36C48E862577A4005B6BAA?OpenDocument I've tried the solutions offered there, to no avail. Using Labview 64 bit (latest versions)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,655 Views)

Hey Dennis,

 

Would you mind telling me a few things about your setup?

1) What version of LabVIEW are you using?

2) What version of DAQmx do you have installed?

3) What version of Windows are you running?

4) What hardware are you using this with?

 

Thanks!

Ty Prather
Technical Marketing Specialist
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,624 Views)

Can you see your device in MAX?  Are you using a MAX Task in your code?  If the problem is (as is likely) in your code, we need to see it (as code, not as a picture of code, so either attach a VI, a ZIP, or create a Snippet) to make helpful suggestions (other than "try things until you get it working").

 

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,614 Views)

There is essentially no code to show, but the machine I'm using is in a secured environment, so I couldn't anyway. What happens is that I place a DAQ assistant from the Functions palette on the block diagram, configure it for digital input from a single line on a NI-6534 PCI card which is receiving data from an external function generator.

If I click on the "run" button on the DAQ assistant, I see the digital signal flash as I would expect. I then close the assistant, and Labview generates the code. I then connect the data line to a Boolean indicator (boolean array of 1) and click run, at which time I get the error message indicated.

I'm told I'm using the latest versions of Labview 64-bit version and DAQmx, which were obtained and installed less than a month ago. I don't have access to the host machine right now, so I can't give you the exact numbers. It is running Windows 7 64-bit version.

I realize I'm not giving you much to go on, but I'm grasping at straws...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,600 Views)

Well, when I looked up what the error means, it says "Internal Software Error occurred in MIG software.  Please contact National Instruments Support."

 

So I asked (myself), "What is MIG Software?".  From Google, I learned that, whatever it is, it has generated multiple messages talking about Error -229771 and ways to fix it (not all of which seem to work).  There are links to earlier Forum posts that might have helpful information, as well as NI White Papers.

 

And, if all else fails, contact National Instruments Support.

 

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,592 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DennisW
Is there a specific reason that you are using 64-bit LabVIEW? I would try it with the 32-bit version. I would also suggest you try it without the DAQ Assistant.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,578 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DennisW

Installing LV 32-bit version seems to have solved the problem. This doesn't bode well for those that need the 64-bit version, though.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,536 Views)

Hi,

 

I also have the same problem with Error -229771.

 

In my case, it seems to be linked to the open project.

1)

If I start labview and directly open an empty VI and add "DAQmx Start Task.vi", I can run it without getting the error. 🙂

If I do the same while having a project open I get the error. 

2)

Another way I have notice that an error exists is when I add to the front panel of a VI a DAQmx control (DAQmx Physical Channel, DAQmx Device etc.)

When no project is open, the pulldown control is populated. However, if a project is open, the control is blank.

 Error -229771_effect of project.png

Maybe this can help to pinpoint the error.

 

Cheers

Message 8 of 11
(4,327 Views)

I am having the exact same problem.  The vi runs as expected, but I get the Error-229771 when the vi is run under the project.  I am using DAQmx tasks and for some reason the task are not accesable in the project.  I cn fix it temporarily if I rebuild the task and leave MAX open, but the "linking" is broken when I reboot.  Did you ever find a solution.  I am considering upgrading MAX to the latest version.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,437 Views)

It was almost a year ago, so I don't remember exactly; I recall that the problem was fixed by a complete re-install of Labview and drivers. I think it was caused by a mis-match between versions - some Windows 64 bit stuff and some 32 bits.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,416 Views)