LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 2208 on Executable

I have an application that is operational as source code and executable on Windows 7.  I tried to run the executable on Windows XP and received (paraphrased):

Error 2208.  The full development enviornment is needed to fix this issue.

I tried a mass compile, adjusting exclusion parameters, disabling ActiveX server, enabling Labview 8.x file layout, and disabling SSE2 optimatizion, to no avail.

I only saw a few forum posts and KB articles on error 2208, with no clear solution provided.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(7,840 Views)

Do you not have the right drivers installed?  What is your application supposed to be doing?  What equipment are you using?

Since you are obviously changing computers, I'm guessing it is a driver issue.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(7,825 Views)

It's not directly accessing any hardware.  It's mainly just a host program, and communicates via network streams to a RealTime controller.

I installed the same packages that allow the program to run on (multiple) Windows 7.  And I tried a second XP machine (which still didn't work), so it's probably not isolated to the hardware configuration.

Are there any other drivers that would need to be installed?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(7,820 Views)

I have the exact same issue (works on Windows 7 but not XP).  Did you ever find a solution?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(7,741 Views)

It's funny, because I just ran into this again yesterday.  This time it was trying to run a executable in Windows 8 (that was compiled in Windows 7).  I fixed it by making sure all the Windows Updates were installed, and that .NET 3.5 was installed (sorry, I'm not sure which if they were both needed, I only checked after I did both).

Message 5 of 18
(7,737 Views)

In most cases this error occures due to communication problems with dlls, ActiveX  or dotnet elements which are corrupt or missing.

If your dotnet version on your computer is up-to-date, try making a debugable executable and try to figure which part of the application is giving the error.

If that dowsn't help, you can download this:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

It can help you find the error source by showing missing dlls or incorrect communication to elements, if it is caused by a dll or ActiveX/dotnet call.

Let me know how it goes.

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(7,709 Views)

Hi,

I get similar errors while executing the file. "Error of type 2208.Full development version of labVIEW isrequired to fix the errors". How  can i solve this ?

Regds,

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(7,568 Views)
Have you looked at the previous responses? You have not provided any information at all on your application so it is impossible to say what is missing on the deployment pc.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(7,560 Views)

Yes  I did. This is a Hostprogram that communicates mainly through GPIB interface. This code was developed in another system.I am currently using Windows XP and labVIEW version is 8.6

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(7,554 Views)
And what hardware drivers did you include in the installer that you created? Are you using IVI drivers? Any .NET?

What happened when you created a debuggable executable?
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(7,550 Views)