LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 201003 from NI 9481 w/ cDAQ 9174

I am using a NI 9481 digital output in a NI cDAQ 9174 USB "frame" and get an Error 201003 which occurs at DAQ mx Create Channel (DO-Digital Output).vi:3. There should have been no power problems (hooked to an UPS which didn't give any indications what-so-ever) and the device works when I restart the program w/ no power down of the computer or DAQ devices. I am creating a channel, "switching" it, and closing it with each access (these turn on and off once a day) and have turned-off the power-saving option of shutting off USB outputs. Is this hardware damaged, or is there some other issue that might cause this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,804 Views)

Hello Paul,

This error code usually means that a device identifier is invalid. There are a few things you can check when you get this error code. Make sure your device identifier is correct, and that the module has not changed slots in the cDAQ chassis. For instance, if the module is in slot 3, it should say cDAQ1Slot3, not cDAQ1Slot2 or cDAQ1Slot4.

Try removing all modules except the one giving you the error when you create the channel, and try different slots. Try different USB ports with the chassis. Another instance this error is seen is with a faulty or corrupt driver. If the above troubleshooting steps do not give you any better results, try reinstalling DAQmx on the machine you are using.

Let me know if you have any questions, thank you!

Ryan

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,775 Views)