LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -200479 start task for all the DAQmx resources

Hello,

I need to use all the DAQ resources for my application, that means I need to initialize all the Digital Input/Output and Analog Input/Output channels. To do this, I'm using 4 different tasks, one for each type, each task is configuring their respective channels (not mixing analog/digital or input/output) but I´m getting the error -200479 in the probe 53 (from the image) which is configuring the digital inputs only.

Possible reason(s):

Specified operation cannot be performed while the task is running.

I don´t have any errors before the initialization, and when I disable the Analog Input task, I don´t have erros at all, so I´m wondering how can I start all the tasks simultaneosly? I tried mixing the inputs Analog and Digital, but it throws errors because it can´t be configure in the same task.

I appreciate any advice that you can give me about this issue.

Thanks,

Karla

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,250 Views)

Showing us case 5 doesn't help much

Create a snippet of that vi (Ctrl +A to select all, then Menu>>Edit>>Create vi snippet from selection.  save the resulting.png file and insert that into a post.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,231 Views)

Thanks for your repply Jefff,

My issue is solved, in case it is useful to anybody, my problem was a mix of signals, my task was connecting again the analog inputs instead of the digital inputs (hidden cable), so when i was trying to initialize, although the configuration did not provide any errors, the start task throw the error -200479 because the analog input was already initialized previously.

To figure out where was the mix signal located, I used in the DAQ palette -> channel node -> General Properties -> Channel Type. This indicates what type of data the task has (digital input/ digital output / analog input / analog output).

Regards and thanks for the help,

Karla

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,136 Views)