From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -200361 using USB-6356 X-series DAQ board for SPI control

I'm using a USB-6356 DAQ board to control an IC via SPI.

I'm using parts of the NI SPI Digital Waveform library to create the digital waveform, then a small wrapper VI to transmit the code.

My IC measures temperature on an RTD, and currently the controlling VI has a 'push for single measurement' style button.

When I push it, the temperature is returned by a series of other VIs running the SPI communication.

After some number of pushes (clicking the button very quickly makes this happen more quickly in time, but not necessarily in number of clicks), the VI generates an error -200361, which is nominally FIFO buffer overflow on the DAQ board.

It's unclear to me if that could actually be the cause of the problem, but I don't think so...

An NI guide describing this error for USB-600{0,8,9} devices looks promising, but following the suggestions didn't help me. I substituted 'DI.UsbXferReqCount' for the analog equivalent, since my read task is digital. Reading the default returned 4, so I changed the property to write and selected '1', but this made no difference.

I tried uninstalling the DAQ board using the Device Manager, unplugging and replugging, but this also didn't change anything.

My guess is that additional clock samples are generated after the end of the 'Finite Samples' part for the Read and Write tasks, and that these might be adding blank data that overflows, but the temperatures returned don't indicate strange data, and I'd have assumed that if this were the case, my VIs would be unable to interpret the data read in as the correct temperature.

I've attached an image of the block diagram for the Transmit VI I'm using, and the controlling VI (with some ugly modifications to count the clicks before an error), but actually getting it to run would require an entire library of VIs. If those are needed, please let me know how I can best share them.TransmitVI.png

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,712 Views)