LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -200361: Buffer Overflow Error

MCDUFF...  Thanks a lot this is really next level stuff for me and a great way to learn from an advanced user.  I can kinda see how it works and am interested in testing it.  I'm not sure if I understand enough of it to troubleshoot it and maintain it though, going to have to spend some time with it to fully understand it.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(683 Views)

My advice to you is to play around with it, using probes, highlight execution etc to see how things work. Once you get a basic idea, then add simple things. For example, make an event where the file name changes and bundle that name in the cluster. Learn how event programing works. Then make a state for data processing.

Good luck

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(682 Views)

ok the code i posted is very close i have one hang up in it.  Since i added the event structure its executing the consumer loop twice and generating (2) data files.  I can't figure out why it's dong this does anyone have an idea?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(670 Views)

A guess here:

1. You are not really using "Events" the way they were intended in my opinion.
  2. You are monitoring the "Value Change Event"
    1. BE1 goes from F -> True (One Event) should save data once
    2. BE2 goes from F -> True (One Event) should save data once
    3. BE1 goes from F -> True & BE2 goes from T->F  (Two Events) should save data twice, two values are changing
  3. Advice - Get rid of the Event Structure in the upper loop and just use a true/false case
  4. When I mentioned Events earlier, I was referring to something like I posted previously, that is, I think you can make your program a 1 loop version if you learn how to use Events, which takes some time, so be patient.

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(666 Views)

I replaced the Event structure with a case structure, new problem.  There is significant lag between when the trigger event happens and when it is being registered from the queue to the lower loop, talking seconds of time.  It also lags to turn it off, there is something weird about the queue.

Is everything being stored on the queue and then read FIFO?  If that is the case then i need to dump that, the system sits idle for ~45minutes between trigger events.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(656 Views)

You need to start think about data flow.

In your first case with the event structure, the top loop would run then WAIT at the Event Structure until an event occurred. Now the loop is running every ~1ms, which means sending data to the queue. I imagine your queue is becoming backlogged.

Try the following modification that is attached, check for errors, I have a meeting and rushed this together.

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(649 Views)