LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -200294 occurred at DAQmx Start Task.vi:7220003

Hi!

I'm trying to take an analog signal and turn it into a digital signal using an analog to digital converter on one NI device and transform it back into an analog signal using a digital to analog converter on another NI device. I received this error message:

"Error -200294 occurred at DAQmx Start Task.vi:7220003

Possible reason(s):
Not enough samples were written to satisfy the initial data transfer request condition.
To successfully start a generation, increase the number of samples initially written to the buffer before starting.  Alternatively, decrease the number of samples required to start by changing the data transfer request condition.
End of Data Sample Number: 0
Minimum Value: 2
Task Name: _unnamedTask<5>"

When using the highlighted execution, I noticed there was a delay at the start task, but I recieved an "OK" before it continued to the A to D. In fact, I got an "OK" for every module, but the result was this error message. A snapshot of my code is attached.
*Note: I already tried creating a D to A from scratch and it produced multiple errors. My professor suggested using the configured express VI.

Does anyone have any idea why I am recieving this message or how to fix the error?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,146 Views)

We can't examine a picture to see what code is being generated.  We cannot test your code (because we cannot execute a picture, though sometimes we might be tempted to "execute" those who post pictures instead of attaching their VIs) (I'm not serious, that's a play on words, a bad pun, if you will).

I did notice that you didn't wire the "number of samples" inputs on your DAQmx Read.  I confess I'm "too lazy" to attempt to reproduce your code from your picture of it, and see if I can recreate your error, but if you attach your code, I'll give it a try based on what you did, not what I thought you did ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,124 Views)