From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -200284. Test Panel shows activity. VI that used to work no longer works.

Solved!
Go to solution

Good afternoon everyone,

I cannot think of any other solution other than reinstalling all of the LabVIEW software at this point. I have checked the cables connected to the DAQmx modules and they all seem to be fine. Not only that, when I look at the inputs through "Test Panels..." in NI MAX, the correct readings are showed. However, when I run a VI that is meant to read the data, and display it on a graph, the VI times-out (after 10 seconds). The error states that it expected the current, but it recieved 0. The peculiar thing is the VI used to work just fine. Just the other day, a gentalman came in a calibrated several of our components, and after that point the VI stopped working.

Is anyone aware of a reason that NI MAX would be able to read the data, but the VI wouldn't be able to access the data? Like I said, the parts are the same, and the VI hasn't changed.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,103 Views)

Hi James,

attach your VI.

And ask that "gentalman"… 🙂

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,093 Views)

Input part of diagram

I can't share the whole VI, but here is a capture of the inputs. What could cause a VI to just stop working, other than the install becoming corrupt?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,085 Views)

Hi James,

there might be missing channel names. Or missing scale names…

Why do you need all those DDT wires (for no good reason)?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,082 Views)

Those are just blocking the code from view.

As for the channel names and scale names, they are the same as before the gentleman came in and calibrated some parts, unless someone went in and changed them, in which case I would be getting a different error, no?

Thanks for the help by the way.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,077 Views)

So I have narrowed the issue down to the continuous sample reading not working. When looking at the test panel in NI MAX when using On Demand, the samples are read just fine, but when testing it with continuous, no data shows up on the graph.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,025 Views)

I can only go by what I see on the screenshot,  but is the Chart Scroll Button set to true?  That is the only way the data gets to the charts that I can see.

Have you used your debugging tools like highlight execution and probes to see if any data is on the wire as it comes out of the DAQmx Read?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,023 Views)

Yeah, I've tried that and the VI just holds up at DAQmx Read until it times out. I can also confirm that I have gone into NI MAX, and tested the sensors using the "On Demand" mode. However, trying Continuous acquasition still does not show anything, even in NI MAX. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,017 Views)

Hi jamesbe,

Can we rule out a hardware issue? You mentioned that the individual came in and “calibrated some parts”; can we be sure that this has not affected the physical system itself? You mentioned that you checked the wires/cables connected to the DAQ modules. Have we probed them to be sure that the physical signal is what we expect? You likely already thought of this, but it's worth making sure!

Ross S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,975 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jamesbe

Thank you everyone for the replies! It turned out to be the DAQmx Harness that was defective. After swapping that out, everything worked fine again. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,965 Views)