From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 200279

Solved!
Go to solution

I am a labview novice. I have a few problems with the VI attached, I would really appreciate some expert user comments on the following issues: (note, there are a range of subVIs from instruments which I haven’t attached)

• Major issue: Error -200279: Unable to Keep Up with Acquisition in DAQmx: I keep getting this error after the VI runs for 1 or 2 mins, it once also crushed. I’m planning of reading (and writing, not implemented) data non-stop for a few days, sampling frequency of 1 Hz.

• Minor issue: I’m using a differential voltage card (NI 9239) for measuring 2 shunt resistors. I’m dividing the shunt voltage readings by a number and displaying them on the front panel as currents (Load Current, Power Current): these are highly fluctuating and nowhere close to what I expect. I’m not sure whether the problem is in the data logging or on the mathematical operation.

• Minor issue: is there a better way of wiring up waveform graphs? I think what I did is very stupid.

I really hope I have explained things properly, many many thanks to whoever will help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,870 Views)

Hi even,

to solve that Error -200279: DON'T use an additional wait time in your loop when you have set the DAQmx task to a fixed samplerate!

Other things:

- get rid of all those ExpressVIs (SplitSignal, MergeSignal) when handling your sample data! Use simple IndexArray functions instead!

- just read 1 sample per channel instead of "N samples" with a default "-1" for number of samples: now you will get just a 1D array of samples, with one sample per channel. No need to convert a 2D array to DDT to several DDTs to not so many DDTs to 1D arrays! Much easier!

Like this:

check.png

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 7
(4,857 Views)

Hi Gerard,

Thanks so much for your reply. Unfortunately I have already tried the following:

to solve that Error -200279: DON'T use an additional wait time in your loop when you have set the DAQmx task to a fixed samplerate!

- I already have a fixed sample rate (I think)

- while loop with no wait time still flags Error -200279

Other things:

- get rid of all those ExpressVIs (SplitSignal, MergeSignal) when handling your sample data! Use simple IndexArray functions instead!

- Index array for splirring the gives me very random numbers, any idea why? I will try again though.

- just read 1 sample per channel instead of "N samples" with a default "-1" for number of samples: now you will get just a 1D array of samples, with one sample per channel. No need to convert a 2D array to DDT to several DDTs to not so many DDTs to 1D arrays! Much easier!

- Cool! I will try that.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,852 Views)

Hi even,

your "Global channel" consists of 3 entries: Power, Load, and Cell5:1. I guess these are 7 DAQmx channels - but you should know that for sure from your global definition. That's why I index upto 7 values from the 1D array.

Btw. your first entry is "Power", but you wired that value to the Load indicator. The 2nd "Load" value is wired to the Power indicator - do you know why you did that?

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 4 of 7
(4,841 Views)

Please read the Data Sheet of your 9239

The smallest possible sampling rate is about 1.62 kHz. Even if you request 1 Hz aquisition rate, daqmx will ignore this request and coerce this to a valid valie.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
Message 5 of 7
(4,840 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author even91

Hi even,

Jens is right! I didn't notice that special DAQ device.

So set a sample rate of 2.5kHz, read 2500 samples per channel and average each channel to get again 1S/s in the loop.

You might also set 2.5kHz samplerate and read 500 samples to get a new set of data each 0.2s…

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 6 of 7
(4,838 Views)

Thank you so much guys!!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,792 Views)