From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -200141 with Low Frequency Counter Measurements

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello there,

I am trying to measure the speed of a spinning shaft using a Keyence laser tacho and a counter input on my PCI-6601.  

I am unable to attach my vi but I have attached a png of the relevant code section.

Background:

- Shaft is spinning at ~6000rom

- Counter is set to Frequency measurement ona rising edge.  There are 9 rising edges per revolution of the shaft.

The problem:

- If I set the vi to capture a small number of samples it works fine.  

- If I set the vi to measure more samples error -200141 occurs 'Data was overwritten before it could be read by the system'

- The number of samples I can obtain without a problem varies.  200 seems pretty reliable.  Sometimes I can get 1200, sometimes 600, sometimes 150. 

- I would like to be able to obtain ~2000 samples.

- If I try to obtain samples continuously I run up against the same problem.   

If anybody can help out with this issue it would be much appreciated.  It is something I keep coming up against but so far have been unable to rectify.  I'm sure I'm missing something but I have no idea what.

Thank you very much,

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,524 Views)

Can you try the VI mentioned in this post.

Else, try placing a start task VI with 'Commit' as the input and try to stop and clear the task.

------

"A VI inside a Class is worth hundreds in the bush"
യവന്‍ പുലിയാണു കേട്ടാ!!!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,514 Views)

Thank you very much for the reply.  Sorry to be a pest but would it please be possible to save the vi as a version 8.2 file or png?  Our company is yet to roll out the 8.6 upgrade.

Thanks again,

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,502 Views)

Hi again,

Moving to the large-range measurement type as suggested in the post you link seems to have solved the problem - excellent news!

Thank you very much for the help,

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,501 Views)
Solution
Accepted by MartinMcD
8.2 version
------

"A VI inside a Class is worth hundreds in the bush"
യവന്‍ പുലിയാണു കേട്ടാ!!!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,488 Views)

I'm having the same problem as described in your first post.

I am using Labview 8.0 and the supplied example for low frequency one counter.

If I try using the count edge example it counts the edges nicely.

My signal is a sine wave that goes from ~0.2 to ~4 volts. 

Would you mind elaborating on your problem or solution. I'm a beginner.

My goal is to measure shaft RPM with a magnetic speed sensor. The current hardware would supply signals up to 2,000 hz, but i could vary that by making a custom steel wheel with less teeth.

Thanks,

Chris 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,460 Views)