cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -200088 on digital read

Solved!
Go to solution

Labview 8.5 / DAQmX 9.3 / USB-6211

I didn't want to post this without trying everything I could think of but after a week I'm out of ideas.

I create 2 tasks in the config subvi, analog read and digital read. When I run the main vi (Digital Read Problem), it runs with no error until I invoke the config.vi. Then it throws an error -00088 (task invalid or unassigned). I have run it with the tracer on (light bulb) and the digital read (where I indicated in the block diag) is the area of the problem. Error is 'OK' going in, '-200088' coming out. I defined the task before it is called but it seems to think I didn't. I am sure that I've made a workflow mistake but I just can't find it. Any ideas???

BTW There is a RT menu file with this project that this board won't let me upload. I hope the vi can run without it as it

is a menu choice that invokes the config.vi

Labview 8.5
Meas Studio 2008
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,493 Views)

Well.... my vi does not work without the .rtm file and NI won't let me attach it so I am trying to get ctreative and change the extension to .txt.

Change the extension of Digital Read Problem.txt back to .rtm and it should (might) work.

Labview 8.5
Meas Studio 2008
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,491 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author walter-donovan

One thing that I immedaitely see is that your event structure in the subVI makes the task null because you have 'Use Default if Unwired'.

Message 3 of 4
(2,479 Views)

Yes. Stupid mistake. Actually there was no reason for those 2 cases to be unwired so I wired them. I wasn't looking at any cases except the config-done. Sometimes you stare at something for such a long time that you just get tunnel vision and can't look at the big picture. Thanks much, Dennis & Merry Christmas.

Labview 8.5
Meas Studio 2008
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,474 Views)