LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -200088 occurred at DAQmx Timing (Sample Clock).vi:4730001

Hi Kevin P,

Thank you for the information and suggestion, I will look into that further and try to make some changes.

Yes, this program was previously used in a similar experiment however it only utilized 1 of the output channel. But the number of input channels used were the same.

-Giovanni

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(468 Views)

Hi Kevin P,

I'm confused about your statement on this,"(The device acting as the source should be started last)". I want to use both devices Analog Output channels, so the both of them are sources right? I'm sorry if this question is very dumb but i am very new to labview.

-Giovanni

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(462 Views)

No, that's a fine question, I wasn't explicit enough.

You're absolute right that both AO devices act as *signal* sources.  What I was *thinking* about (without stating it) was which device would act as the *sample clock* source for timing purposes.

For example, let's suppose Dev1 will act as the "master".  You can define its sample rate with DAQmx Timing the standard way.  For the AO task on Dev2 (and both AI tasks), you would wire in a constant like "/Dev1/ao/SampleClock" as the 'source' input in the calls to DAQmx Timing.  Then you'd make sure that the Dev1 AO task is started last.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(454 Views)