LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 200077 - Requested value is not a supported value for this property

Good Afternoon Lab View'ers,

I am working on a relatively simple modification to an existing VI that my company has been using for several months. The main change I made was to add several channels to a DAQMX create channel sub-VI (the first create channel on the task in the attached VI). I also created additional scaling equations which correspond to the new channels. Now, when I try to run the VI, I get an error (screenshot attached). 

I believe this error has something to do with my new scaling equations, but I can't seem to figure out what is going wrong. I can't change the scaling equations because they define calibration equations for several of the instruments we are using. 

Please let me know if you know what the solution to this error is. I have attached a screenshot of the error and a copy of the modified VI. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(6,760 Views)

What modules are you using as Mod5 and Mod6? It looks like 10 Volts is out of range for them.

Message 2 of 11
(6,749 Views)

I vaguely recalled seeing something like this when configuring a Scale.  But now I can't remember the details ...  Do you know where in your code this occurs?  I'm going to guess that it has something to do with setting the max and min to ±0.02 for the new channels, which is inconsistent with the Max Volts set on the device (which I'm guessing is +10v).  It would be interesting to know if the error occurs on loops 4 through 8, where the new Scales are introduced.  It is curious, however, that the Error Message refers to a Property Node (but maybe there's one buried in the Scale function) ...

Bob Schor

Message 3 of 11
(6,748 Views)

Gregoryj,

Mod1: NI-9213 (thermocouple card)

Mod5: NI-9215 (+/- 10 VDC voltage card)

Mod6: NI-9215 (+/- 10 VDC voltage card)

Mod7: NI-9203 (+/- 20 mA current card)

Mod8: NI-9203 (+/- 20 mA current card)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(6,706 Views)

Bob_Schor,

I am fairly sure the error is occurring somewhere around the "AI Voltage" create channel sub-VI. When I change the "Voltage Maximum Value" to 8, for example, the values in the error window change (compare the attached screenshot with the screenshot in my original post). This error started occurring when I added 2 additional voltage channels (channels 5 and 6) and their associated scaling equations. 

With regard to the +/- 0.02 limits - Keep in mind that those limits pertain to current channels (i.e. +/- 0.02 = +/- 20mA), whereas I believe this error is occurring on the voltage section of the code. 

Can you explain more about the property node curoisity? I am fairly new to LabVIEW so I don't know why that would be a curiosity.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(6,705 Views)

I'm pretty sure it's due to the "units" input being defined as coming from the custom scale. The error description says that the maximum value of 10 (or 😎 exceeds the max possible of 3.8809. This is probably because something about the custom scale is changing the max value from 10 V to 3.8809 Custom Units. If you change the units input to "V" instead of "From Custom Scale", does the error go away? 

Applications Engineering
National Instruments
Message 6 of 11
(6,697 Views)

Daniel F,

I changed the units to Volts (the only option besides "From custom scale" and I got an error that states "Units for the channel must be set to From Custom Scale when a custom scale is used with a channel"

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(6,690 Views)

For the DAQmx Create Virtual Channel, the Minimum Value and Maximum Value inputs need to be POST-SCALE values.  You are setting the max and min based on the actual input voltage.  So let's say I have a sensor that measures pressure so that 10V is 1 PSI.  So I have a DAQmx Scale with a gain of 0.1 and offset of 0.  Then I need to put in 1 for the Maximum Value when I create the channel.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 8 of 11
(6,681 Views)

Thanks for the reply. I have sensors that output a voltage between 0.1 and 10.1V. This voltage range corresponds to a pressure range of 0 to 6000 kPa, making the gain 600 and the offset -60. When the sensor is outputting it's highest voltage, that corresponds to a pressure of 6000 kPa, so I changed the voltage maximum value constant to 6000, but now I am getting the following error:

Error -200077 occurred at Property Node DAQmx Timing (arg 1) in ORC TS VI (GENSET Expander - WIP.vi

Possible reason(s):

Requested value is not a supported value for this property. The property value may be invalid because it conflicts with another property.

Property: AI.Max
Requested Value: 6.0e3
Value Must Be Greater Than: -10.021400
Value Must Be Less Than: 10.020600

It seems to me that changing the maximum value to 6000 should have solved the issue. I can't tell where LabVIEW is getting the 10.020600/-10.021400 values from. Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(6,636 Views)

@meierdh wrote:

It seems to me that changing the maximum value to 6000 should have solved the issue. I can't tell where LabVIEW is getting the 10.020600/-10.021400 values from. Am I missing something?

That looks like something is wrong with either the scale itself you are you setting the wrong scale.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(6,633 Views)