From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -200022 for cDAQ-9174 with Three NI-9237 Modules

I am trying to run a simple code to read three channels from each of the three modules. I am using the LabVIEW express VI as shown in the image below. VIHelp.PNG

When I run the code with the two task as shown in the image the code runs fine. As soon as I add a third task (using the express VI), I receive error-200022. This error switches from task to task each time I run the code. 

Is there a way to manually code around the Express VI to run 3 or 4 simultaneous tasks? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,157 Views)

Hello,

Are these tasks analog inputs? Please refer to the following document regarding the error: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/5664C009DA244727862571E900046775. 

I recommend ensuring that your tasks do not share any channels. Otherwise, the following link provides some information on how many tasks can concurrently run on your chassis: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/5E0B829E50ADE1BC86257AC50062B2D2?OpenDocument. 

Do you have any tasks running in NI-MAX?

Brian.D
NI Product Owner
VeriStand
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,123 Views)

Hi Brian, 

Yes, these tasks are all analog inputs. 

I have checked all of the channels and have ensured that none share the same channels. They are each pulling 3 channels from a separate module. 

In total, I would only be running 3 tasks, which is less than the limit on the chassis (the eventual goal would be 4), each reading 3 channels from the modules. I believe this should be able to function properly. 

There are not any tasks running in NI-MAX.

Thanks for the help, 

Nikki

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,119 Views)

Have you tried Channel Expansion?

It might be worth considering migrating off the DAQ Assistant VIs to the DAQmx functions. The DAQ Assistant is a wrapper for the DAQmx functions and is great for quick simple measurements. But trouble can arise when you try to run multiple DAQ Assistant VIs. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,104 Views)

The cDAQ 4 slot chassis can only have 2 AI Tasks.  BUT, there is no reason why you cannon have 1 TASK using channels from all three AI modules.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,096 Views)