LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1935 while trying to use installer to install stand alone app with VISA

I am trying to create my first installer for LV 8 and it is pretty different from LV 7.  I am creating an installer to bundle my Vi and the Run time engine in one package.  In my program I use VISA read/write so I also selected NI-VISA Config. Support  version 3.4.1.   When I try to install the application on a computer that does not have LV or the runtime engine I get error 1935 saying that it cannot install the VISA config.  Then when I try to run my program LV doesn't try to take over the COM port because VISA is not installed.  Any one have any ideas?  Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,048 Views)

Hi,

Here is a link that describes a possible solution to what you are seeing. I would also install the latest version of NI-VISA, linked here. Please let me know if you are still running into problems after trying these suggestions. Have a great day!

Regards,

Missy S.
Project Engineer
RoviSys
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,031 Views)

Hi Missy,

Thanks for the advice.  Actually I received an email from tech support telling me that there are rare conflicts with visa and beta drivers for .Net and Visual Studio frameworks.  I uninstalled the beta versions that were on the computer and used the installer I created and everything seems to be working fine now. 

Thanks again!

David

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,020 Views)