LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1430 when adding a new VI to the program

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a program I developed in LV 2009 in 2009 and now I am updating it.  I accidently opened it up in 2010 and saved it.  There are Microsoft office tools that were built into LV 2009 that are removed in 2010 that I had used in my program.  So I had to save as previous version (2009).  After everything worked and I could run the code and compile I continued developing.  At one point I tried to compile and got an Error.

Visit the Request Support page at ni.com/ask to learn more about resolving this problem. Use the following information as a reference:

Error 1430 occurred at Create Folder in Create Directory Recursive.vi->AB_Destination.lvclass:Create_Destination.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Create_Destinations.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Create_Destinations.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi->AB_UI_Frmwk_Build.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_UI_FRAMEWORK.vi->AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi->AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: The path is empty or relative. You must use an absolute path.

<Not A Path>

I have now figured out that if I add a new VI to the program, it gives this error.  If I remove the VI, it compiles with no errors.  If I add a blank VI with no code, it gives  the error.  I have worked as far as I could without adding a VI but now i need a pop up window and need to the VI.  The code is too large to fit the max 6MB requirements.

Thanks

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,149 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mattjk

Hi mattyk,

When you say compile, do you mean press the run button? When exactly does this error show up?

I suggest you try copying all of your VIs into a new project, and try running the new project. It sounds like your project may have been corrupted in the process of upgrading and re-saving to a previous version.

I hope this helps! Regards,

Emily C
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,125 Views)

Thanks for the help.  It was as easy as doing a file "save as" in the project and resaving the project as a different name.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,109 Views)