From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1430 While Building Application

Solved!
Go to solution

I receive the following error when trying to build an applications Build Specifications:

Error 1430 occurred at Create Folder in Create Directory Recursive.vi->AB_Destination.lvclass:Create_Destination.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Create_Destinations.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Create_Destinations.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Engine_Build.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  The path is empty or relative. You must use an absolute path.

<Not A Path>

Any Ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,631 Views)

This was reported to R&D (# 156236) for further investigation.  It is generally a result of including a subVI that is stored on a network drive.  If you are building an executable, you can try checking the Use LabVIEW 8.x file layout option under the Advanced category.  If you are building a source distribution, make sure the Preserve disk hierarchy option is not checked under the Destinations category.

Let me know if any of this information resolves the issue.

Alex Person
NI-RIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(3,610 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Casey T
Thanks for the prompt reply! And, that explanation makes sense after looking at the solution I found in this thread. (Which takes you to another thread)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,605 Views)

Using the 8.x layout worked for me.

Doesn't seem to have created the support directory with dll's though. (may be separate issue, will investigate) 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,546 Views)