LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1406 from LabVIEW 6.1 Installer

I am getting error 1406 when attempting to install an application built with LabVIEW 6.1. An earlier version of my application was installing OK when built with the LabVIEW 6.0.2 application builder. The same error 1406 is occurring on both Windows 98 and Windows 2000 Professional machines. The NI Knowledgebase states that error 1406 is related to a limitation in the Windows Registry size and the key size. I notice that the 6.1 application builder generates a product code, and that this same product code appears in the error dialog. I can find no mention of the product code in the application builder release notes or in the NI Knowledgebase. The Knowledgebase entry for error 1406 suggests using a shorter installation path, but
I don't see that this would have any effect on the length of the entry in the registry. On the Windows 98 machine there are similar product codes in the registry, so apparently other applications were able to install correctly. Does anyone have any additional information about this problem?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,554 Views)
Allen
I had some other error messages an trouble when trying installing,
and ended up uninstalling 6.0.2 before installing 6.1.
That solution worked for me.
Martin
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,554 Views)
Martin
Thanks for the suggestion but I did that. I also removed the NI-VISA 2.5 Runtime and installed the NI-VISA 2.6 Runtime, and also removed the version of my application built with LabVIEW 6.0.2 and replaced it with the one built with LabVIEW 6.1.
Allen
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,554 Views)