LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 14 ocurred at GPIB write, labview cant add resource

I am using LabView 2009 to control a research system contains Lakeshore 331S and Keithely 2425, it was work probably , but recently I am receivng an error message:

Error 14 ocurred at GBIB write, LabView cant add resource

Message 1 of 14
(6,071 Views)

Not really clear: was it working, and has suddenly stopped?

Did you make any HW/SW modification on your system?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(6,058 Views)

Error 14 does not mean "LabVIEW cannot add resource" in your case. You should have nticed that it says "possible reason(s)" and it says "NI-488:  GPIB bus error." Check your cables and try with a different set of instruments.

Message 3 of 14
(6,050 Views)

Hi,

you are right , the message says: possible reason(s)" and it says "NI-488:  GPIB bus error."

I have checked the cables and I examined the connections with sending a command, it was received successfully by Lackeshore 331S through (measurement and automation explorer, version 4.6.1).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(6,035 Views)

Hello baalbiss,

Which version of the 488.2 driver do you have installed?  Just to confirm, you are able to communicate with the instrument through MAX, but not through LabVIEW?  Did you recently upgrade to LabVIEW 2009?

Thanks

Ryan T
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(6,006 Views)

Hi Ryan T,

The version is 4.6.1

I am able to communicate with the instrument through MAX, but not through LabVIEW ,also I created  execution files for the same VI's and they communicate with the instruments but with other PC

If you could send to me how I can make the upgrade to labview 2009. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(5,984 Views)

Hi

The version of 488.2 software is 2.71

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(5,981 Views)

The error often indicates a hardware problem. Have you tried replacing the cables or only having a single instrument connected? You say you communicated to the Lakeshore but don't mention the Keithley. Exactly where in your code does the error occur? During a write? During a read? For which instrument?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(5,965 Views)

Hi

The error occurred at GPIB write. The problem with the both instrument (Keithley and Lakeshore) connected at the same time with the PC, about the cables I have checked them by testing the connection with MAX, and sending commands through it.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(5,958 Views)

Hi baalbiss,

What GPIB address are you sending into the GPIB Write function?

Thanks

Ryan T
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(5,928 Views)