LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1335 "MKL2017.cab is corrupt"

Hi All,

I have recently built a lab program to measure microwave frequency as a function of temperature. This program works fine and the runs well on my LabVIEW development laptop. I am now in a position to build this into an installer package for deployment to other machines across the site. This is not something I have done before.

I built the package to the best of my (limited) knowledge and handed over to our IT guys on a USB stick for installation. I am a materials scientist and not a "computer" guy so it is not my area of expertise. The feedback I received was as follows...…..

"When unzipping the file I get 6 errors on various cab files, vc_redist.x64.exe gets blocked by Security protocols. And if I continue with the install, I get errors from cab files being corrupted."

Cab file error.png

Cab file error 2.png

Does anybody have any experience of this before and how it can be remedied?

Kind regards,

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(755 Views)

Hi,

Maybe it's for security reason but why do you need to zip it?

What happens when you are doing the unzipping on your computer?

Have you tried to redo the whole process : build => zip => unzip => install ?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(738 Views)

My guess is the installer ended up being larger than the USB stick, but if it was, you should've gotten an error on copying it to the stick, or an error in the install build if you tried to build it directly to the stick.  Installers can get pretty big, especially if you are pulling in a lot of drivers.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(727 Views)

Hi,

I built the same package but did not zip it and received a new error during installation.

The "NI Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Run-Time x86" installation has failed with return code: 16389.

and 

The "NI Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Run-Time x64" installation has failed with return code: 16389.

Kind regards,

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(682 Views)