LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1316 .NET event callback in LabVIEW8.6

Hi,

I am not sure whether this error occur in LabVIEW or .NET dll. When we call the .NET dll from C#, it works fine. But when we call the same dll from LabVIEW, I got an error.

I am using LV8.6 and want to do .NET event callback. Most of them work fine except one Invoke notes (in ni1.jpg) that give me the following error.

Error 1316

"Invoke Node in LSCallback_CSV_Camera 3.vi:2->LSCallback_CSV_Camera 3.vi.ProxyCaller"

Could you give me more detail about this error?

English is my second language. If there is anything you don't underestand please let me know.

Thanks,

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,419 Views)

Hey,

For error 1316 LV says: "LabVIEW:  Specified method not found."

Christian

Message 2 of 8
(4,413 Views)

Hi,

Are you using any NI Vision Products? Your error code looks as though you are trying to interface with a camera.

Warm regards,
Karunya R
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 3 of 8
(4,390 Views)

Thanks Karunya_R

I have vision installed, but I don't use it in this application. This application I am trying to get an image from a camera by using .net driver. With .net that I have, I can talk to the camera with out any problem. When I want to get an image from my camera, I have to get event callback from .net. The error occur in event callback VI  when I try to pass a variable from event callback to another .net function. 

Actually, I am not sure whether this problem is in LabVIEW or in .net. But my .net dll works fine when I use this .net dll in C#.

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,378 Views)

Hi Ed,

Try running the VI with highlight execution on to see exactly where the error occurs during execution in the VI. In the meanwhile, I am going to do some research into this at my end.

Look forward to hearing back from you!

Warm regards,
Karunya R
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 5 of 8
(4,331 Views)

Hi Karunya R,

Thanks for all your work. May be it was my mistake. In my .net callback. I will get an Image ref. and I have to pass this ref to another function (that is where the error occors). Now I use Notification to pass the reference out to my main VI. Then I use Probe to check the ref. I got "Refnum No Longer Valid       Refnum (in hex): 0x70200006". 

It seem to be my mistake.

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,285 Views)

Hello 

Since the topic is related to the issue that I have been trying to resolve, I am posting here.

I am also facing the error 1316 but different description( "Method not found") which occurs while I am trying to communicate with a PLC to read/write by using Interop.ACTMULTILib.dll which is working fine in the Visual Studio project in both ways(read/write). For the record, I had no error if I would try to read the PLC but getting error if would write the PLC.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,055 Views)

sekar15,

Thank you for posting to our forums. I noticed the original post is 10 years old, so I would recommend you start a new post with this issue as you'd likely have a better chance of getting a response.

Patrick O.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,046 Views)