cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1172 when calling the dll

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am developing an application where a feature needs to access the system Registry keys,I am calling a dll built from Visual studio using Constructor node.When I run the VI getting below error,Attached vi and dll.

Kindly help me out to solve the issue.

Thanks in advance

Sri_Cbe_0-1577193026360.png

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,209 Views)

You already know that LabVIEW can do this natively; why use .NET?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,100 Views)

Hello Bill,

I need admin rights to make changes in the Registry,I am not sure about doing it via LabVIEW,Is there any dll I can use it to Enable the Registry for Read/Write??

Kindly help me out

Regards

M.Sridhar

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,359 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sri_Cbe

LabVIEW has Registry VIs. Of course do you need elevated rights for write access to certain parts of the registry, but that will not change if you put your registry access code into a .Net assembly and call that from a LabVIEW executable.

The .Net assembly eventually calls the same advapi.dll functions to access the registry and the check is in those functions if the current process has the correct permissions. By going through a roundabout through the .Net assembly should not change anything on that or Microsoft has a very serious problem!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,345 Views)