LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error- 1074396120 / Vision assistant

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all, I am not that familiar with LabView, and would really appreciate some help.

I created a SubVI using vision assistant 2011. When running the SubVI I get an error -1074396120 occurred at IMAQ Threshold in the error out dialog box and no output image in the image display.

The SubVI I created should threshold the image, apply a smoothing filter and edge detection on 16-bit gray-scale image (Depth image from kinect for windows), although the image is not require to demonstrate the error.

I think the error seems to arise around the filtering operation and the cast image.vi which cast 16-bit gray-scale image to 8-bit image, because if I remove the filtering operation from the SubVI there is no error.

Can anyone please advise me?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,188 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yutani

Hi Yutani,

I have a few suggestions which might help you resolve this issue:

1) Use one of the labview debugging tools (highlight execution or probes) to find out which function is throwing this error (this will help rule out a few possibilities)

2) It is also worth casting your image first and then using the IMAQ threshold function on this image reference. This way you can be sure that you are providing the right format of image to the IMAQ threshold function.

Also, the error- 1074396120 in most cases occurs due to incorrect calling of the IMAQ create function. Therefore, it is worth checking your top level VI (using debugging tools again) to make sure that the error is not being passed into your sub-vi from the top level.

Thanks and Regards,

Thanks and Regards,
Supreeth.K

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,077 Views)

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,070 Views)