LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -1074395984 occurred at IMAQ ReadFile

Hi,

I received some images that I cannot open in LabVIEW. I can open in Matlab, Windows viewer, ImageJ and other sw but not in LabVIEW where I get this error :

Error -1074395984 occurred at IMAQ ReadFile.

I can forward you the image but it is huge (bigger 100M). Here below the link to download it:

https://we.tl/t-Dz5HTQHU0J

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,966 Views)

The Error Message is "NI Vision does not support the file data type you specified."  What is the file data type?  I'm sorry, but our firewall does not allow importing huge files from untrusted sources.  If it is only a "file format" problem, open it in one of your other programs and save it in a file data type that LabVIEW supports for image files.  [It's not a video, is it?].

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,939 Views)

Hi Bob,

the file is in png format. I opened with ImageJ and saved in TIFF, but still not able to open in LabVIEW. Then I saved into bmp and it works.

The format of the data should be in single precision. I doing some check.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,937 Views)

If you are using IMAQ ReadFile, .png, .tiff, and .bmp should all work (though .tiff, as I recall, has extra "stuff" buried in there).  "The file format can be a standard format (BMP, TIFF, JPEG, JPEG2000, PNG, and AIPD) or a nonstandard format known to the user."

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,932 Views)

These are the information I can get from ImageJ:

Title: DUT_Image20180828_173355.png
Width:  5120 pixels
Height:  5120 pixels
Size:  100MB
Pixel size: 1x1 pixel^2
ID: -2
Bits per pixel: 32 (float)
Display range: -0.0066 - 0.6644

As mentioned the data single precision, but this format should be supported by the IMAQ read.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,926 Views)

@logatto wrote:

As mentioned the data single precision, but this format should be supported by the IMAQ read. 

And it certainly is supported!  The third choice for a Buffer Type is "Grayscale (Sgl)".  You failed to post your code, so I can't tell what you did, and can't explain your error (if, in fact, there is one), but this Snippet should read and display your data file --

Big Grayscale.png

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,920 Views)