LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -1074395720 occurred at IMAQ Find Circular Edge 3 IMAQ Vision: Invalid ROI.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to write a program to fit a circle to an image (from an avi), however when running the IMAQ find circular edge v3.vi I get the error message:

'Error -1074395720 occurred at IMAQ Find Circular Edge 3

Possible reason

IMAQ Vision:  Invalid ROI.'

I'm using the IMAQ Construct ROI vi to define the ROI and I'm pretty sure the output ROI is in the correct format for the IMAQ find circular edge v3 vi.

I've attached my program (Labview 2011)

Any thoughts?

Many thanks

Rory

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,765 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rp4965

Hi Rory,

Welcome to the NI Forums.

'IMAQ Find Circular Edge 3' expects an ROI of type 'Annulus'. There are a number of functions in labVIEW for converting ROI types such as 'IMAQ Convert ROI to Annulus'. However, as the Find Circular Edge VI doesn't JUST require the annulus but bounding box and other details as well, there is a strange solution to this issue.

Drop "IMAQ Convert ROI to Annulus" down and pass the ROI through. Then drop down "Convert Annulus to ROI" (yes, really) and pass the output of that in to "Find Circular Edge".

This is a strange, circular workaround but it seems to force the ROI type to change to annulus and therefore works.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Many thanks,

Eden S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
Message 2 of 6
(5,749 Views)

Thanks a lot Eden I'll give that a try. It does seem strange thaty in the help files it makes no mention of what type of ROI is required. 

Rory

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,746 Views)

Works perfectly - thanks very much!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,739 Views)

hey, this is what i was looking for, and youre answer is just  awesome..  Kudos for you my friend.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,603 Views)

Same problem at first. Drop down "Convert Annulus to ROI" by following the answer and pass the output of that in to "Find Circular Edge", the error of "Invalid ROI" disappeared indeed.

However, the output images did not give me the expected circles.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,323 Views)