cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1074395628 occurred at IMAQ Match Geometric Pattern 2

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I really need help with this geometric program I am doing.

1. In the first block, I am getting the information from the initial frame of the .avi video.
  2. I then make a rectangular bound around the frame and cut it into a template for the matching process.
  3. I was originally using Labview's "Geometric Matching.vi" and replaced the folder of files with an AVI Vision Acquisition module, as well as changing the template image.
  4. It says I have an invalid geometric matching template image. How do I make the template image able to work while keeping the program that analyzes each frame of the .avi files?

I have included the Geometric Matching program I've edited. The Traffic.avi file is the same as the one used for the Object Tracking.vi in Labview Example Folder. I would appreciate any insight or help and am desperate to get this program to run. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Venus Luong

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,352 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author venus.luong

Venus,

Image Processing is tricky, as there are lots of "details" to master.  I believe the problem you are having comes from lack of experience with working with Images.  It doesn't help that the LabVIEW Vision routines are among some of the more "advanced" NI routines.

It is not a bad idea to use an existing LabVIEW Example, such as the Geometric Matching VI, to get started.  But you cannot start swapping Image types.  The Example works on a single file, a .tif, and uses the Vision Acquisition Express VI to prevent you from understanding what is going on (I really dislike Express VIs -- this one certainly didn't help you).

Did you notice the folder of Image(s) that was in the Example?  It consists of 10 Images and a template.  The Express VI is configured to cycle over-and-over through the 10 images, showing how well it does Geometric Matching.

If you want to use this Example for yourself, you need to replace the array of .tif images with an array of Images that come from the separate frames of your AVI file.  You will not be using the Vision Acquisition Express VI -- rather, learn how to open an AVI file and create an array of Images from the file.  Note that you can read the AVI and write out N Images in a format of your choice (.jpg, .tif, .png, .bmp, etc.) as separate files.  What you basically need to do is to process each Image as outlined in the Geometric Matching VI. 

You need to think about what you want to save, how you want to display things, etc.  But this should get you started, especially if you already have significant LabVIEW experience already (this Project isn't suitable for a beginner, as you can see).

Bob Schor 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,330 Views)