LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -1074001424

Hello so I am having an issue with my code I am using labview to connect to a keithley 2000 instrument. I end up getting an error back it says

Error -1074001424 occurred at an unidentified location

Possible reason(s):
ke2000 Error Query;
instrument reports:
+0022.64E+0

so it is giving me back the value that is on the device but saying it is an error. So I am not really sure what the issue is with the setup any help would be great I have attached the file to this post so please take a look and let me know what you can figure out. Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,513 Views)

Hello ichigo55,

Most of your subVI's are not readable since they don't come standard with LabVIEW. I tried downloading the Keithley 2000 driver from ni.com/idnet but it also doesn't contain the VI's you're using. Would you mind reposting your code along with the needed subVI's as well as providing the documentation and name of the device if you have it?

Is the data you're getting from the error what you expect to be reading? It seems to me that the device is reporting some type of error and LabVIEW is just unsure of how to handle it. Have you checked with Keithley yet?

Jonathan L.
Technical Support Senior Group Manager
National Instruments
Message 2 of 6
(3,478 Views)

So that should be my code along with the attachment of where I was getting my VI and some sample codes and what not. Hopefully you can open it and get what you need. The device is a Keithley 2000 multimeter and I am connecting it to my computer using a gpib to usb cable. No I have not checked with Keithley yet last time I tried asking question about one of their products for some other program they told me to get ahold of the people that made the program cause they did not know what to do. Any way hope this helps please let me know what you can when you can. Thank you.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,464 Views)

Does this help?

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Expression-Error-1074001424-with-Keithley-2000-DMM/td-p/1276014

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,463 Views)

I saw that post at another time actually and tried doing what it said but it unfortunately did not fix the issue that I was having maybe I did not set it up properly is there some sort of example that you might be able to send to me so that I know if I was doing the right thing that the post was talking about.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,444 Views)

Hello ichigo55,

I noticed that there are some pre-made examples in the .llb you attached. Have you tried running one of them just to see if they work correctly? I also noticed that in both examples they start with an Initialize VI. You might want to try adding that and see if it helps.

Jonathan L.
Technical Support Senior Group Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,425 Views)