I am trying to carry out a multi-points measurements with a DMM Agilent 34461A connected to my PC via LAN cable. I have tested the examples downloaded from Keysight website, including the VIs namely Series Acquire Single and Series Acquire Multiple, and both are working perfectly fine. However, the Series Acquire Triggered Multiple shows the following error:
Error - 1074000000 occurred at Agilent 3446X Series.lvlib:Error Query.vi and the posible reasons suggested in that message are as follows:
-113, "undefined header"
+0, "no error"
I have checked in the forum to find similar cases, but I could not find any clue to short this problem out. Any help is really appreciate it.
Solved! Go to Solution.
then you should debug that VI before the error message!
Use single step debugging inside that VI to exactly determine the command, which throws that error.
Then use the manual of your Agilent device to compare the command string with the recommendations of the manual…
Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. I am using the single step debugging tool to find the command and I am getting the error -113. In the instrument manual says "Undefined header" which I dont really know what can be the origin of that. Any clue?
Thanks in advance.
I am using the single step debugging tool to find the command and I am getting the error -113.
So which SCPI command/request is forcing this error message?
Did you find out? It's inside that VI right in front of the red error flag in your image above…
I am investigating the subvis and it seems that the error pops up in the Error Query vi as you can see in the attached figure. By some reason in that vi the value -113 suddently shows up when the configuration multipoint is running, but this value is 0 and therefore, it does not show any error, in the previous VIs.
what happens inside that "Error?-VI"? Did you step-debug inside?
What happens, when you send each of all those Trigger commands on its own, instead of placing them all in just one command string?
The point is: you need to find out, which of all these SCPI commands is enforcing that error message…
Thanks GerdW for pointing me in the right direction.
I am checking one by one the strings and it seems that AMPOUR:IMM, AMP:COUNRET and %.,AMP:TIM %f are the ones showing the error. I am still trying to find from Agilent the codes for this actions to confirm that there is something wrong with the code spelling.
You usually see that error code from an instrument when it doesn't support a specific SCPI command. Or the SCPI command isn't formatted properly.
You list a bunch of commands but exactly which one is the problem? Highlight execution probably won't tell you exactly which command is at fault since the drivers don't necessarily check for errors after every SCPI command. I suggest you reset the instrument and test each command using the simple VISA read/write example from minions - https://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/PCI-GPIB-for-newport-ESP300/m-p/3687360/high... You can run the example while using NI-IO trace to watch each SCPI command that is sent. The test each individually, doing an error query (or run Error VI) after each to see which one is the culprit causing errors. Then read the manual about that command and its options.
It might be that your model instrument needs a slightly different SCPI format or uses a new command altogether. The LabVIEW instrument drivers provided by manufacturers that make several different flavours of an instrument don't always take precautions in code to protect from commands supported by model X but not model Y. (Sometimes supported by model X with option 1 but not model X with option 2!)
Another useful tip is to update the firmware for your instrument. I could be its a known bug in older firmware that's been fixed in a more recent version. Check the Keysight website for the latest version an how to install updates.
and %.,AMP:TIM %f are the ones
There has to be a semicolon instead of the comma!
Thanks for the info. I have checked the spelling of the commands, and everything is right. I found the problem, the 3 commands showing the error are only for 34465 and 34470 Keysight DMM models. The one that I am using is a 34461A and it seems that the case structure has the role of identifying this DMM model and deciding if using the 3 commands or not it was not working. So I decided to remove them from the main library (keeping a copy of the original subvi). Now, it is working really good. Thanks very much, both of you for helping me to figure out what was going on.