LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -1073807346 when stopping RT Host VI in a cRIO application.

I am receiving error --1073807346 when I stop the RT Host VI in a cRIO application.  The FPGA VI compiles and runs without error.  All of the I/O s are configured in the Project Explorer.  I am using 3 DMA channels in separate loops in the RT VI.  Data to the DMAs comes from 3 channels on a 9233.  I am also using a 9122 and 9263.  Does anyone know what causes this error?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,702 Views)
Hi King,
your error indicates that the given session or an object reference is invalid.
I guess that you do not use a general form of error handling in your while loop, otherwise your application will immediately stop when an error occurs.

It's a little bit hard to make a specific statement about the source of the error, therefore it would be the best when you attach the entire project...

Thanks,
ThSa

Message 2 of 6
(6,684 Views)
Thanks for your interest in my question. The project is attaced.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,677 Views)
RKING,

First off, my compliments on your code! It is arranged very neatly.

I would use highlight execution to determine what function generates the error and when. Then see if you are prematurely closing a reference.

Chris C
Message 4 of 6
(6,667 Views)
I believe the problem is coming because you are closing the reference (and session), while parallel loops are still running.  Notice when your middle loop on the host terminates it immediately closes the reference.  However, the top and/or bottom loop could still be running trying to use that session.  You can easily fix this by moving the Close FPGA Reference VI after the Merge Errors VI.  This will allow all the loops to stop and the errors to get merged before the session is closed.

Regards,
Joseph D.
Message 5 of 6
(6,664 Views)
Thanks, Joe D.  That fixed the problem and explained it.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,651 Views)