cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -1073807343 occurred at Visa open in Stanford Research 830

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am running Labview 8.6 and am having some difficulties. When I attempt to run my program, it asks me to Choose file to write. I have attached a screen shot. I tried to write to a csv file.

Then I get an error that says:

Error-1073807195 occured at VISA Open in Stanford Research 830.lvlib:Initialize.vi->log_all_LI.vi

Possible reason(s):

Visa: (Hex 0xBFFF00A5) The interface type is valid, but the specified interface number is not configured.

Help please!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,755 Views)

The error has nothing to do with the file.

Use highlight execution and debug your code to find where this error happen.

Benoit

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,712 Views)

Great! Thank you for suggestion the highlight execution. I am still new at LabVIEW so hang in there with me. Years and years ago this code was written for a research project. It was recently given to me to get working. I was given just the file and nothing more. If the program worked years ago, I would think no adjustments would need to be made. I wonder if it is a driver that I am missing or need to update?

I took your advice and debugged. Here is what I found:

I am attaching a screen shot of the layout where the error occurs in the beginning of the program. VISA resource name 1 has an I/O and the name it gives is GPIBO::9::INSTR. As soon as the program runs through his first initialize for VISA 1, it produces an error. Any hints? I am so lost at this point. Please help me. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,698 Views)

Sorry attached wrong image. Here you go!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,697 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nsmit106

I have found the solution. Simple mistake. My virtual box was not recognizing that the device was connected. Now that it does recognize it, the device works. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,677 Views)