LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -1073807343 configuring serial port (NI 9870 module)

I have a cRIO with a serial port module installed which works correctly the first time the serial port is configured after startup. But if the application is stopped and started again an error occurs when "VISA Configure Serial port.vi" is called (the input parameters are the same all the time and the selected port appears in MAX as expected), error description is "VISA: (Hex0xBFFF0011) Insufficient location information or the device or resource is not present in the system." To get the serial port working the cRIO must be rebooted and then it works the first time again.

I've found this knowledge article (https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P9IASA0) about this error but didn't find any of the issues that was listed there.

What else could be the problem here? I'm currently running in development mode (LV2017), and maybe this is not a problem when deploying an exe to the target, but it is kind of annoying not to be able to restart the application without rebooting the cRIO during development.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,154 Views)

Try;

Tools >>> Options >>> Environment

and mark the property "Automatically close VISA Sessions".

Your code should be closing the port when it is done as well.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,118 Views)

I'll try the environment setting and see if this will have any effect. Is this setting applicable to cRIO targets as well?

The ports are already closed in the code.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,111 Views)

The "Automatically close VISA Sessions" setting didn't have any effect, it's the same error. Any more ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,045 Views)

Hello hunkel,

Have you see the LabVIEW example of the NI 9870 module??

If not you can find it:

LabVIEW => Help=> Find Examples => search "NI 9870" and select "NI-987x serial Loopback.lvproj".

I wish it can help you.

Best Regards,
Applications Engineer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
CLAD // CLD
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,033 Views)

Yes, found it but that example is using FPGA. I'm using the module in Scan mode.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,024 Views)