LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1073807339

I am building a light source tracker that reads voltage, current, temperatures of 2 thermistors, and the angle of the light source. It has a ATmega644PA microcontroller, an FT232R-to-USB connection, and an AVR ISP mkII programmer. All the values are being sent from Atmel Studio 7.0 in a single string with no delimiters. I am using LabVIEW 2014. The intent is to:

1. Parse this string to extract the five parameters

2. Convert each parameter from string into numbers

3. Plot the numbers against time in five different waveform charts

Every 100 ms a new string is written to the UART from Atmel, so the while loop repeats this process.

I keep getting the following error:

VISA Read or Write Timeout Error -1073807339 - National Instruments

Error -1073807339 occurred at VISA Read or VISA Write.

Possible reason(s):

VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF0015) Timeout expired before operation completed.

So far I've tried:

- Ensuring the COM port settings match the settings in LabVIEW (baud rate, parity, etc.)

- Ensuring the correct driver is installed

- Mass compiling

- Changing the USB transfer sizes, BM options, and timeouts

- Ensuring that data is being transmitted and hardware functions correctly (including the correct type of cable)

- Running with the highlight execution tool on

- Turning it on and off

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,268 Views)

Outside of LabVIEW are you able to get this working in something like hyperterminal or putty? It's a helpful test because even if you do receive data it may be different than what you were expecting.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,242 Views)

I did verify things with PuTTy...but the issue has now been resolved. It was admittedly a very rudimentary mistake in my block diagram wiring.

Thank you for the response, Jacobson.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,209 Views)