LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error - 1073807339 (timeout problem) happen at random time when taking continous measurements

Btw.

Since I have implemented the "Instr - Timeout" function, all the VISA Read/Writes should be changed to 30 seconds..

Is that not rigth?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(658 Views)

If I am right, I mean that you have the delay(30s) between only one write and read call. So, implement the delay for another existing writes and reads also in the same manner and try again. Put some larger delay 1000milliseconds on each write and read.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(655 Views)

Okay...

But do you really think that 1 second is enough time? It is an very old Optical Spectrum Analyzer and my computer is very slow as well...

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(653 Views)

Try with, what you think about delay time. I haven't worked with this kind of devices. May be, you can see in their document about this time gap between write and read. If you don't find any information then play a bit around with this delay time.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(650 Views)

Hmm,

I am pretty sure that once you have implemented the "Instr - Timeout" function, it changes the delay for all the VISA Read/Writes, eventhough it is only present at one Read/Write...

So the problem is moreover to request new data than to change the delay time...

But I have manually applied a Delay for each Write/Read in my LabVIEW now, so I will run a new test over the coming night....

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(644 Views)

I still got an Timeout error, this time after 6 hours (36 succesful measurements)...

Please see the attached picture, where alle my Write/Reads have been delayed by 30 seconds (see all the red boxes)

Any clues, on what to do?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(629 Views)