LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -1073807339 VISA read

@Jkahn wrote:

the imagine below is where the shortcut takes me to. also to reply to martin, i figured out a lot of the original problems like the property arg (node 1) that was me accidentally having the port open in putty. and the other error that i kept getting was because i was reading more bytes than there was so it produced a timeout is from what i can deduce from it. however the problem is the string that i write into the VISA control isnt registering so for example putting in the correct syntax "send\r\n" just pops out "send\r\n" and not the form i need it to.

That image is just the open file. Right click on the shortcut and click Properties. Target will be the directory and filename to which the shortcut is pointing. Please go to that directory and send the file that this points to. It should be named FCO RH Control.vi. There may be other files needed, but that is at least a start.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(251 Views)

Put your string control into \code display mode.  That puts \r\n as carriage return line feed.  If that is  what you typed in normal display, the you sent backslash r blackslash n.

Of course you can't open a port that is open else where.

And if try to read more bytes than the device sends, of course it will timeout.

If your device sends a termination character (and I bet it does if you wants you to send a CR and LF), then you should enable he termination character with your Serial Configure.

You should watch Crossrulz's NI Week presentation to understand better how to use LabVIEW with serial devices.

VIWeek 2020/Proper way to communicate over serial

Message 22 of 23
(248 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

Put your string control into \code display mode.  That puts \r\n as carriage return line feed.  If that is  what you typed in normal display, the you sent backslash r blackslash n.

Thats the point, but there is another point. According to the manual, you should send only a single \r (carriage return) at the end of a command.
It seems that the device send a ">" character as a command prompt. So this ">" could be used as the termination character.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23
(236 Views)