LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -1073807339 VISA read

@Jkahn wrote:

so i talked with the support help of Vaisala and i looked into it apparently the settings were turned off and im not quite sure how to turn them back on

I don’t understand this. What settings were turned off? Are you saying that the device is not set to communicate? Vaisala should be able to help you with that. I thought you had indicated that you were able to communicate via hyperterminal?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 23
(719 Views)

so the machine is communicating properly in hyperterminal its just only 4 settings on the Vaisala is turned on the Td, x, pw, and Tdf. things like RH, h, pws is turned off and im not sure why

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 23
(708 Views)

Time to read the freakin' manual, dontcha think?  Or if you can't for some reason, then at least upload it so we can read the freakin' manual for you...

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23
(700 Views)

There's not much more that we can do without the manual and the code (not a picture). If it works in hyperterminal then it will work in LabVIEW if you get everything correct.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 23
(683 Views)

sorry i haven't replied in so long, i was in talks with Viasala and NI for about 2 weeks hopping it would go somewhere and it has not. attached is the user manual, all the relevant information is from page 80 on wards. as for the code i don't know what you are talking about, i'm fairly new to this program so your going to have to be specific. as for some updates: I got it to work in NI MAX so i know it can work on labview, however when reading bytes it tells me that its reading 77 bytes but then in the read buffer box its still only showing "send". thank you so much for your guys help so far

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 23
(663 Views)

@Jkahn wrote:

sorry i haven't replied in so long, i was in talks with Viasala and NI for about 2 weeks hopping it would go somewhere and it has not. attached is the user manual, all the relevant information is from page 80 on wards. as for the code i don't know what you are talking about, i'm fairly new to this program so your going to have to be specific. as for some updates: I got it to work in NI MAX so i know it can work on labview, however when reading bytes it tells me that its reading 77 bytes but then in the read buffer box its still only showing "send". thank you so much for your guys help so far

The code would be the LabVIEW project file (if there is one) and all associated vi's and libraries. What do you open when you try to run this in LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 23
(650 Views)

so i have a shortcut that just pulls up the full project, i dont open it from labview interface. the shortcut just pulls up the front panel.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 23
(646 Views)

@Jkahn wrote:

so i have a shortcut that just pulls up the full project, i dont open it from labview interface. the shortcut just pulls up the front panel.

Where does that shortcut point to? 

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 23
(625 Views)

@Jkahn wrote: a few errors that i get is "-1073807346 VISA write" "-1073807246 propert node (arg 1) in VISA configure" and "-1073807339 VISA read" .

The "VISA Configure Serial Port.vi" makes an implicit open of the COM Port and you then get error -1073807246 which means " The resource is valid, but VISA cannot currently access it." This error comes from the underlaying Windows API and as far a I know, this error is always correct. In most cases another application has already opened the port. Or the operating system can see the port, but it is defect (corrupt driver or something like this).

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23
(616 Views)

the imagine below is where the shortcut takes me to. also to reply to martin, i figured out a lot of the original problems like the property arg (node 1) that was me accidentally having the port open in putty. and the other error that i kept getting was because i was reading more bytes than there was so it produced a timeout is from what i can deduce from it. however the problem is the string that i write into the VISA control isnt registering so for example putting in the correct syntax "send\r\n" just pops out "send\r\n" and not the form i need it to.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 23
(607 Views)