LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -1073807339 Hex 0xBFFF0015 Timeout expired before operation completed

Hi,

I am getting the Error -1073807339 Hex 0xBFFF0015 Timeout expired before operation completed message box but unlike many users that seemed to have a similar problem, it doesn't happened systematically... I am getting the message box error at random on a measurement and then it just works back fine, until the next time it happens again during a continuous measurement acquisiton.

I am working with a HP 34970A, plugged to the pc with a Agilent 82357A USB to GPIB and LabVIEW 2012 sp1. MAX is up to date, so is the I/0 Libraries of Keysight. Drivers are all installed and updated, Communication with IEEE 488 is enable in the I/0 Libraries, passport tullip also in NI VISA through MAX. I run a small VI that should make a continuous acquisition of four temperature using PT strobes plugged to the HP 34970A and graph them, also writting them on a Excel like document. The waiting time between two measurement is set at first by users. To take the measurment, I am runing an adaptated VI from the HP 34970A drivers. I think the problem comes from my VI's structures but I can't find it myself. I am also very surprised that it actually does work fine most of the time and just randomly crash in a loop...

I attached the VIs if needed.

I hope I was clear enough and that you might have an idea to help me fix this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Download All
Message 1 of 4
(4,474 Views)

Is there someone here to help me?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,423 Views)

I'm having the same problem as of late.  Did you ever solve it or find out what was the root cause?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,390 Views)

I'm not sure why the OP never got a response but in his case I suspect that he simply set his loop speed too fast and was at the point where the hardware could keep up MOST of the time but occasionally would glitch.  Probably due to the OS doing some housekeeping (virus scans, updates, etc.) in the background.

I would have suggested that he create a state machine or at least a dedicated collection loop so he could open the references for his instrument and datafile before the collection and pass the references between loop iterations (EDIT: he actually did for the file reference).  That would make the code more efficient and allow for faster loop timing.

Please post the code you are using so we can see if it can be optimized.  Time out errors are generally hard to troubleshoot since there are so many variables and differences between systems.  Seeing your actual code will be the best way to give you some advice...

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,376 Views)