LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error-1073807338

Afternoon,

I'm currently supporting a client on site who is getting a VISA driver error message. The error starts as "Error - 1073807338 occured at VISA. Clost in Advanced Serial Write and Read.vi SubVI2.vi-> MAIN PROGRAM.vi". I've attached an image and the error log file. Any suggestions is gratefully appreciated.

Best,

Joao da Silva

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,569 Views)

Hello Joao da Silva,

Error -1073807253 is a framing error. Serial data is transferred one byte at a time. Each byte has a specific format with a start bit, data bits, parity, and stop bits. A framing error occurs when a byte of data is received, but it is not in the format expected.

Have you tried the application in another computer, or force reinstalling NI-VISA in the computer that your client is using?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,521 Views)

Hello Oscar,

But the error message you posted is not the one that the OP is asking about.

The error message is:

Error -1073807338 occurred at an unidentified location

Possible reason(s):

VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF0016) The VISA driver failed to properly close the session or object reference. This might be due to an error freeing internal or OS resources, a failed network connection, or a lower level driver or OS error."

That is an error I've never seen before and would indicate a deeper problem with the drivers.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,517 Views)

That's correct, RavensFan

I would still try in another computer, and force-reinstalling NI-VISA (and NI-Serial/NI-488.2 depending on the protocol they're using).

That way we can know if the error relies in a corruption in the driver, or if the application is performing tasks in an unsupported way. What do you think?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,514 Views)

Anyone get to the bottom of this?

I have a usbd cdc acm serial interface to a NordicSemi dongle that I programmed, and I occasionally get this error while pushing commands from the client on a LabVIEW VISA interface. Funny though, because a serial PuTTY interface never causes the error.

As an interesting side, the error is almost always associated with a fatal error on the dongle (the usbd interface). The dongle shuts the port and restarts the embedded application I programmed.

Not sure if it's the LabVIEW driver causing the connection to drop, but I don't get this error with other serial drivers. Maybe you should try alternates (PuTTY, RealTerm, HyperTerminal) to see if the behavior is consistent?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,807 Views)