LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1073807253

Hi guys!

I´m back with another question. When I try too recieve my my signal in the waveform chart a get an error It says: "Error 1073807253 occured at VISA Read in Basic Serial Write and Read.vi Possible reason(s): VISA: (HEX 0xBFFF006B) A framing error occurred during transfer". I recieve the signal but every now ang then this messeage comes up. I read from the serial port. I´m using the example "Basic serial Write and Read" from "Hardware Input and Output". I´ve tried to put a flush buffer in this example after the Visa configuaration but this won´t help. And I´ve already checked that the configuaration (baud rate, stop bit, flow controll etc) is matched  I hope someone can help me.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(7,543 Views)

Hi,

This might help explain your problem. http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F3E0621CB71AA16786256F970000FC57

You will probably have to split up the VI's so that you only configure the device once then do you writing and reading.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(7,524 Views)

Hi

What do you mean with:"split up the VI"? I´ve already tried to put the flush buffer after the dely so this doesn´t help my problem...Any other ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(7,520 Views)

Hi,

Sorry, what I meant to say you will have to resturcture your main VI, eg

Begin

Do Config
      Begin Loop (until stop press or error occurred)
          if Send Button pressed
               Perform Send
          end if

if bytes at receive port
               Perform Read

end if
     End loop
end
 Hope this explains it

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(7,514 Views)
Hi

Ok...let my explain to you of what we are trying to do..
we have a signale comming through the serial port (this signale is good and confirmed so the problem is not there), anyway,,,, we would like to recieve the signale in LabVIEW and then preform some signalprocessing.  So the problem is when we recieving the signale we gett a framing error massage. WHAT IS THE REASONE?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(7,511 Views)

Hi again...I send you the code and give you a picture of the front panel...

Thank you for your time!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(7,509 Views)
Hi.

We´ve solved the problem...We putted the flush buffer directly after the property node....And that was yust what you told us...but instead of puting it ther, we putted it directly after the delay...

Thank you for your help!
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(7,500 Views)
Hello!

Sounds great that you solved the issue and more information on these type of errors can be found here:

Regards,
Jimmie A.
Applications Engineer, National Instruments
Regards,
Jimmie Adolph
Systems Engineering Manager, National Instruments Northern European Region

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(7,479 Views)

Hello Student81,

can you post a picture of the code, where it is possible to see the solution of the problem with error -1073807253? At the moment I find with this error, too.

Regards ThomasD

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(7,427 Views)
Hello,

Does anyone have a updated VI that fixes this problem?
Regards,

Kaspar
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(7,366 Views)