From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1073807195

Solved!
Go to solution

I currently have a Keithley 2182A connected to a Keithley 6221via a trigger link cable and RS232 cable and from the 6221 I have GPIB to USB to a PC and when I run labview I get following error  

Error – 1073807195 occurred at VISA Write in Keithley 622x.lvlib:Reset.vi>KE6221-2182A Delta Setup.vi>AC Resistance vs Time 2014.vi

When the block diagram comes up I double click on the 6221/2182A Icon and the front panel comes up I can run this portion of the front panel fine with no errors and I see the 6221 talking to the program.  But when I run it from the Front Panel for the test I get the error mentioned above.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,123 Views)

So obviously, something is different between the two, likely where you initialize your VISA session.  Are you able to share your code?  Or at least a portion that causes the issue?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,083 Views)

Unfortunately I cannot.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,073 Views)

If you cannot share even some of your code, then either (a) you need to spend enough time (months?  years?) getting the experience to solve your problem by yourself, or (b) hire someone with the expertise you need and sign them to a Non-Disclosure Agreement with sufficient "teeth" that you won't need to worry about your code getting out.  There is a Forum listed here called something like "LabVIEW Developers Seeking Employment".

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,020 Views)

Bob

I don't know you and for you to be so rude is uncalled for.  My employer does not allow us to put anything out for others to view so in the future please ask why one cannot share their code before you make any quick responses.  I would be glad to share even a little bit of my code if I could.  Thank you for your input. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,994 Views)

I apologize for what you perceived as "rudeness".  As an academician, I find it frustrating when I read a post that says "Something is wrong, but I can't show you the code that produces the error/bad behavior, but please help me anyway".

As I am sure you appreciate, LabVIEW Projects can be large and complex.  Sometimes the problem(s) arise out of the size/complexity, particularly when "race conditions" are "built-in" through the (mis-)use of Local Variables, poor design, confusing (and messy) Block Diagrams, etc.  Without seeing code, (even a slightly-blurry or otherwise "covered-up" version, you shouldn't realistically expect us to say much that is meaningful. 

I know, from my own attempts to chase down mysterious "glitches" in my own LabVIEW code, sometimes finding the source of the bug can be difficult, even when all the code is available -- for example, it can stubbornly refuse to manifest itself when sent to NI to examine.  If you are going to try to solve it "in house", find the best LabVIEW developer in your group, or the best C++, Matlab, or any other programming language, or the best "thinker", and do a "walkthrough" with her (or him), explaining first what the code is supposed to do, then going into how it accomplishes its task.  See if you can find where the two diverge, or where you might add a "Proof" that things are working (do you know how to use Probes to ensure that wires are carrying the values you expect?).

Be sure that all the wires that appear to go into Structures (While, Case, etc.) or Functions are actually connected -- the easiest way is to click on the Structure or Function and move it up or down one pixel -- did the wires move with it?  Another hard-to-spot error is a Duplicate Tunnel -- when you wire to the edge of a Structure that has a Tunnel, sometimes when you think you wired to the Tunnel, you actually created a second Tunnel, so the connection from outside the Structure only connects to one of the Tunnels, leaving the other an "orphan".

Use Good Design principles.  This generally means small(er) Block Diagrams with many user-written sub-VIs to "hide the details" and "encapsulate functionality".

If there is not the in-house Expertise to help you solve this yourself, and if you cannot provide more details through the Forum, hiring an outside consultant who can sign the appropriate NDA that satisfies your Company may be the most cost-effective route.

Bob Schor 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,988 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Packers

Bob 

Thank you for your response and input.  I did as you suggested and all was wired correctly but I did notice that the correct GPIB address was not selected at the very beginning of the program.  Once I corrected that my program ran properly.  By you having me check that all is connected properly it made me go through and check all of the simple stuff and that is how I found my screw up. I should have checked all of that first.  Again Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,982 Views)