cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1055

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, there.

I am co-simulating Labview and Multisim. I have to simulate a FPGA target using a Desktop Execution Node. I am now facing this error " Error 1055 occurred at Property Node in niFpgaGetTargetClassFromTarget.vi:6910002- >niFpgaDEN_Execute.vi:32001- >Testbench_base.vi    Possible Reason(s): LabVIEW:( hex 0x41F) Object reference is invalid". The FPGA target just simulates an easy PI control. The strange thing is that it occurs at a certain point after hours of simulation.

I tried almost everything but nothing seems to fix it. I noticed that it occurs always at a certain ratio between last simulated time and DEN sampling time, in example it occurs after 0.1747 secons being the DEN sampling time setted at 8.334e-7, or it occurs at 1.747 with a DEN sampling time setted at 8.334e-6 and so on. It seems that DEN has only a fixed number of iteration before it crushes. Is that possible?? I really hope someone has some suggestions. 

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,543 Views)

Hey Matteo,

I think this is a bug in the LabVIEW FPGA simulation code where we are leaking references when we shouldn't be.  What version of LabVIEW are you using?  I think I can post an updated VI that will fix the issue.

Thanks,

Patrick

Pat P.
Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,428 Views)

Hi Patrick,

thanks for answering. I am using LabVIEW 2018. It would be great thank you very much.

T.Matteo

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,416 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matteo.Teofani

I've attached a VI that I think fixes the issue.  I would create a back up of this VI before overwriting it.  The location to copy the VI is <LabVIEW>\vi.lib\rvi\DesktopExecutionNode\Execution.  Hope this helps!

Pat P.
Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,395 Views)

Hi Patrick,

it helps actually. Now it works properly. I am vary grateful thanks. May I ask you another thing? As a co-simulation i am using a Multisim Design but it allows me to use  max 25 pins for a single model. Is there a chance to increase that limit? Or am I supposed to divide Multisim model in subcircuits and create a Multisim Design for each?

Thank you very much by the way. You've been very kind.

T.Matteo

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,381 Views)

Glad the fix to the VI worked!  I am not as familiar with multisim so unfortunately I'm not sure.  If you think you can divide your design up I might go that route.

Pat P.
Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,372 Views)

Yeah, it works finally. Using more than one design is the only idea that might work up to now but there  are still some problems of interactions among Designs. By the way thank you again wish you the best.

T. Matteo

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,361 Views)

Glad I could help!

Pat P.
Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,350 Views)

Has the fix been implemented in a future version of LabVIEW yet?

I am getting the same error in 2019 LabVIEW when my simulation hits ~250,000 ticks simulated.

Thanks, 

Braden

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,165 Views)

Hey Braden,

Sorry about that.  It looks like we changed the connector pane of one of the subVIs in a newer version.  I am attaching a version that is saved in 2019.  Let me know if this works for you.  I can also confirm that I am submitting a fix for this issue for a future version of LabVIEW.

Thanks,

Patrick

Pat P.
Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,137 Views)