LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1055 - giving valid control reference to register event terminal throws error

I am getting error when giving valid control reference to register event.  I am opening application reference using local port 3364 and when I get the  control name from the reference I am not getting error.  Can anyone help me with solving this error?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,674 Views)

Although the LabVIEW doesn't states this clearly, I don't think you can fire events across different applications.

Management of remote events would be quite complicated, while getting properties can be implemented in a straightforward question-answer protocol.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,652 Views)

Strange - I get the same thing, only when I open the application reference - if I just open the VI reference, I dont get the same error. I am not sure why opening the application reference causes this error, it may be because as pincpanter pointed out, LabVIEW doesnt allow events across application instances? 

In either case, the owning VI of the controls for which you wish to register the value change event must be running for this to work. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,633 Views)