From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1047 in LabVIEW 8.2: LabVIEW failed to send variable to the script server. Server:""

I am working with the evaluation version of labVIEW as well and I have run into another error.  I am using a MATLAB script node within a for loop and attempting to pass the for loop counter variable into the script.  When I run the code it brings up a 1047 error and says "LabVIEW failed to send variable to the script server. Server:"" ".  I looked up the error online which seems to have roots in a failed auto initialization of MATLAB.  Is there something that I can do in labVIEW to fix the problem or is it strictly a MATLAB error?  

I really appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(14,283 Views)
Hi Patsenat,

We have a knowledgebase document on our system referring to this issue.  Try reading through this and attempting what it says.  If you still have problems, please post again.
Regards,
Jim M
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(14,255 Views)

I'm using Labview 8.6 and Matlab 7.9 2009b on windows 7 (64bit)

when I tried to open the Lorenz Diff Eq.vi....it woes not work and gives the error

Error 1047 occurred at LabVIEW:  LabVIEW failed to send variable to the script server. Server:"" in MATLAB script node - Lorenz Diff Eq.vi

I think there is no inital communication for opening the MATLAB server

any can help?

A.Hakim
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(13,696 Views)
A.Hakim-

Were you able to follow the document linked above by Jim_M?  It seems like this is the exact issue you are seeing.  After following this Knowledge Base Article, are you still seeing the same behavior?
Regards,

Mike S
NI AE
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(13,676 Views)
Yes I followed what is written there and I used the command
matlab -regserver

But I was still have problems

But thanks god I solved it by uninstalling MATLAB and reinstalling it.............all now works fine............Thanks for help
A.Hakim
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(13,666 Views)

I had the exact same problem. I tried the solution #1 in this document and it worked. http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2B3FF46C8512C4F786256CF30071BE53

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,916 Views)