From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error - 10401

Hi,

I am using PCI-6110 with BNC 2110 connecting to dynamic strainmeter.  I have a Labview 2012 for this which uses NI DAQmx 9.6. When I run it I get the following error message,

Error -10401 occurred at AI Group Config -

|NI-DAQ LV:  The specified device is not a National Instruments product, the driver does not support the device.......

I have checked for this error in NI discussion forum, mentions to reset device or configure using the Measurement & Automation Explorer. But Unfortunately in MAX the device and interfaces are not able to configure or run test panel. I have attached few photos of the software MAX, Please find the attachments. 

Kindly help me for solving this error. Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,

Bharath

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,068 Views)

Do you see the little red X by the NI PCI-6110 "Dev1" entry in MAX?  This means that it is not connecting with the device.

Instead of showing us little "pieces" of MAX that you don't understand yourself, how about a big screenshot of MAX that includes, in addition to Devices and Interfaces, an expansion of the Software entry?  You are probably missing a Device Driver.  We have a better chance of telling you what you might be missing if you let MAX show us what you have.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,040 Views)

Dear Bob,

Thank you very much for your reply. 

As I am using this software for the first time, I have no much understanding on the software. Earlier some students were working on this software. I started working on this tool just a few weeks before but unfortunately the error pop out. So I am trying to learn about the software. 

I have attached the expanded MAX with all softwares. Please find the attachments. 

It would be great if you can help me in fixing this error.

Regards,

Bharath 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,033 Views)

The error about "AI Group Config" indicates that the software you're using depends on the old legacy driver now known as "Traditional NI-DAQ."   Your 2nd screencap shows that version 7.4 is installed.  Further info found here indicates that version 7.4 is not compatible with Windows Vista, 7, 8, or 10.  You'll need traditional NI-DAQ version 7.5, and even *that* is only compatible with 32-bit version of those OS'es.

More generally, be aware that your test system is far along the road toward obsolescence.  You might be able to squeeze some more use out of it, but I wouldn't delay efforts to replace it with something more supportable.

Much more info about Traditional NI-DAQ can be found starting here.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,023 Views)

As Kevin Price noted (and as your MAX_1 image suggests), you are using Traditional DAQ, which went "out of style" around the time that LabVIEW 7.1 was being installed on this machine.

Abandon LabVIEW 7.1, and develop in LabVIEW 2012.  Don't use Traditional DAQ, use DAQmx.  There are excellent tutorials on DAQmx, and it is so much easier to use than Traditional DAQ!

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,018 Views)