LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -10401 occurred at AI Group Config

Note: more discussion generated from repost over here.  Let's all move over to that thread.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 11 of 29
(981 Views)

Yeah, Kevin is right, should have posted here since the begining.

Here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/75dvlpqpcb88aaw/Prog.vi?dl=0

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 29
(1,036 Views)

Picking up from Ben & Kevin's hints....

The new motherboard has a new PCI bus and there is likely a registry entry reserving the device enumeration. 

Power down, Pull the boards, reboot, clear the MAX config (reset MAX database)

Reboot

Power down 

Reinstall the device1

Power up

Power down

Reinstall device 2

Power up

In that order exactly.   You should be golden then.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 29
(1,019 Views)

That drop box link is malformed and useless for me.

Zip up the code and attach it to this thread.

The code may give us a clue as to why things have gone south after the mother board was replaced.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 29
(1,017 Views)

Memory's fuzzy, but here's what else I see in the code that may require some work in MAX:

The calls to "AI Group Config" have both a hardcoded device # *and* a hardcoded set of virtual channels with names like T_1_10, T_1_11, etc. for device #1 and T_2_10, T_2_11, etc. for device #2.

1. It will be necessary that these are defined and configured correctly in MAX.  Hopefully that part's still intact through the motherboard change.

2. I notice consecutive commas in the list of virtual channels for device #2.  It starts "T_2_10,,T_2_11,T_2_12".  Maybe you need to delete the extra one?  (But if that clears things up, then the same code should have been throwing the error with the old motherboard.  Which suggests that the source code may have been changed.)

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 29
(1,036 Views)

Wait!!!  Don't follow Jeff's advice to reset the MAX database, at least not *yet*!

As I just mentioned in my last msg, the code depends on a bunch of virtual channels whose definitions would be lost with a MAX database reset.  At the moment, it's not yet clear to me that you *need* a MAX database reset and it may well be harmful.

(Note: such a reset is often good advice.  Maybe not this time though).

-Kevin P

Message 16 of 29
(1,031 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 29
(1,029 Views)

@Kevin_Price wrote:

Memory's fuzzy, but here's what else I see in the code that may require some work in MAX:

The calls to "AI Group Config" have both a hardcoded device # *and* a hardcoded set of virtual channels with names like T_1_10, T_1_11, etc. for device #1 and T_2_10, T_2_11, etc. for device #2.

1. It will be necessary that these are defined and configured correctly in MAX.  Hopefully that part's still intact through the motherboard change.

2. I notice consecutive commas in the list of virtual channels for device #2.  It starts "T_2_10,,T_2_11,T_2_12".  Maybe you need to delete the extra one?  (But if that clears things up, then the same code should have been throwing the error with the old motherboard.  Which suggests that the source code may have been changed.)

-Kevin P

I have been burned by Virtual channels in MAX that either were lost or not supported with LV upgrades. I avoid them like the plague now and do most of my IO config using fist principles and never mess with setting thing up in MAX. Much too fragile.

We could be fiddling with MAX for a long time until it is all set-up correctly.

Bad Joke time!

Spoiler

Configurations in MAX and unreliable third party hardware device sooner or latter we have to fiddle with thing to get it working. I have a code term I use when reporting to my better half;

Fe Fi Fiddly IO

(my apologies to Stephan Foster)

Groans are expected.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 29
(1,028 Views)

Speaking of channels...

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 29
(1,020 Views)

Yes, Kevin is correct about hard-coded virtual channels.

The device ID's of those two boards should be 1 and 2 (not 15).

The syntax is weird but it looks like only two channels used on each device.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 29
(1,017 Views)