LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1026 "VI Reference is invalid" after upgrading from LabVIEW 2015 to LabVIEW 2016

Solved!
Go to solution

Sorry for the double post - I can't seem to find the edit button.

I would like to add that I did a mass compile when switching from 2015 SP1 to 2016 which didn't prevent this.

Also, I'm having another "invalid reference" error after the switch to 2016 which may be related or not:

I have a register for events node in my main vi that I feed only ref constants as placeholders (see snippet below, sorry for the german). It returns error 1055. So do follow up nodes where I feed valid references into some of the placeholders - presumably because I haven't replaced all the invalid references at that point.

This too used to work flawlessly in LabVIEW 2015 SP1.

Reg for event.png

The array constants seem suspicous (but maybe I just don't know the intended behaviour properly): If I click them and follow the class hierarchy I see they have "Bedienelement" (presumably "control") and 3D waterfall checked at the lowest level. If I switch that to say, boolean in the same level it has only boolean checked. If I then switch back to "control" both control and 3D waterfall are checked.

Additionally, before I went through this procedure once the bd constants only read "Element" not "Bedienelement".

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(2,128 Views)

Florian,

CAR number 609551 was made for this thread.

Cheers!

Ryan

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(2,107 Views)
Thanks for the info. Uninstalling and reinstalling LV 2016 seems to have fixed this for me.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(2,082 Views)

@Florian.Ludwig wrote:

Sorry for the double post - I can't seem to find the edit button.

The edit window is pretty limited, something around 5 minutes and then you have to make a new post.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(2,071 Views)
Update: Reinstalling did not fix this for long.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(2,043 Views)

I got the same problem when upgrading to labview 2016 and this was a work around for one of my projects. I hope there'll be a bug fix though!

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(2,029 Views)

I ran into the same problem and this fixed it.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(2,000 Views)