From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1003 during exe build - Think it is related to Shared Variables in sub vi

I have been getting the Error 1003 during a Labview 8.0.1 executable build.  This error is showing up on files in the application that contain Shared Variables.  Through process of elimination I removed the shared variables in one sub vi file that was giving the error then the build passed that file and continued to another file containing shared variables in sub vi's.  It sure seems like a problem with the Shared Variables but I did notice that it does successfully process some sub vi's that contain Shared Variables.

I found a posting in the knowledgebase for this error but its primary software version is for Labview 6.1.  However I made sure that I compiled the VIs before the build and the other suggestions within that knowledgebase.

I also made sure that the Shared Variable library is not included in the .exe build file but is a support file no included in the .exe.

The following is the full error that I am seeing consistently:

Error 1003 occurred at ABAPI Dist Chg and Save VI's.vi-> ABAPI Dist Build LLB Image.vi-> ABAPI Copy Files and Apply Settings.vi-> EBEP_Invoke_Build_Engine.vi->EBUIP_Build_Invoke.vi-> EBUIP_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller.

Any ideas for solving this problem would be appreciated.  Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,357 Views)
Hi,

Hopefully something I can share here will be informative and helpful for you.  Try the following steps and let me know if they are helpful for you:

Check the "Enable debugging" option in the "Advanced" category of the application executable properties.
Disable the "Remove Panel" option for all SubVIs containing Shared Variables in the build.
Uncheck the "Disconnect type definitions and remove unused polymorphic VI instances" option in the "Advanced" category.
Move shared variables to the top level VIs and pass the data through the SubVI connector.

A final suggestion is that LabVIEW 8.20 has solved this issue, so an upgrade to 8.20 would get rid of the behavior.  Obviously you'd want more reason than a simple error to do this upgrade, but it's there, in any case.

Peter L.
Peter L.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support/
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,347 Views)

Peter,

I followed your instructions and was able to generate my application.  This information proved to be the answer to my problem.

Thanks for your support!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,313 Views)