LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1003 at invoke node when exe is run on another PC

I have built an LV application with a main VI calling subpanel VI's. I use shared variables, obtained from a PLC, within the subvi's. I load all the subVI's at exe launch, and keep them in memory so the variables are always updated.

In development, everything works fine, and also the built exe works fine on the development machine.

But when running the exe on a different PC, I get Error 1003 when it tries to load the subpanel VI's.

I have set them to always be included, so I'm not sure why they wouldn't be found or can't be run on a different PC. I am using the DSC module functions on some of the VI's.

Attached is a screenshot of the main VI calling the subpanel VI's. 

I am pretty new at Labview and I'm probably not doing certain things the best way, any suggestions with instructions are welcome.

I tried putting the subpanel VI's int he same directory as the main VI, and use relative paths, makes no difference.. I assume it's missing access to the SubVI's but I don't know how to fix or troubleshoot as everything works fine on the dev machine.

I did look around other threads with error 1003 and tried some suggestions, but none worked and none seem to have the issue with the exe not working only when loaded on other machines.

Where do I look?

Thanks, Dan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,369 Views)

It seems I needed to load the DSC runtime module, and OPC server there is no option to include it when building the installer, I thought all dependencies were automatically included, it never complained it needed them so I didn't know..

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,352 Views)