LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1003: Running a VI inside LLB from EXE

HELP!

I have a Labview Executable which is using some "plugin drivers" provided as LLB. The drivers are loaded dynamically with "Invoke Method: Run VI". My Exe does not contain any dependency to those driver LLB's. The LLB build projects are build with vi.lib. "Disconnect type def" and "Remove unused polymorphic ...." are both unchecked. Everything worked for a while without any problems. I had one driver which is using GMath:Interpolate 1D. Now I have a second driver which is using "Interpolate 2D". Those 2 driver VI's won't load at same time. It is really strange but if I disable one, the other will load. If both are active I get error 1003 indicating that some VI is not able to run mostly because of missing dependencies. I faced that message a lot in the past but this time I don't know what else to do. I tried several combinations of building the LLB's and the exe, even included those dynamic VI's into exe but all time same. I have less hope that someone here can help me but I give it a try.

BTW, is there any chance to debug and see the exact reason why my VI won't load. When I breakpoint at "Invoke Method: Run VI" i will see that it returns 1003 but can I find out more?

- Thomas -
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,415 Views)

I have seen this happen as well in my application's plug-in architecture. It happened with a pair of different DAQmx Read VIs in our case. I filed CAR 285388 against it. It is currently under investigation. I will put the information about your issue in the existing bug report.

Right now I don't know of any workaround.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,366 Views)

Sorry, that CAR is actually 304780. The other CAR I mentioned was closed as duplicate to this one.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,362 Views)

Thanks Jarrod for your feedback. In my case I will try as a workaround not to use Interpolate 1D.vi but code it by my own. I will also try - as soon as I have time - to setup a lightweight example to demonstrate this scenario.

- Thomas -
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,350 Views)

Help! I fresh men.

I connect PC with Agilent 34420A but there is a error. I don't know what happened. Could ACE help me about error! lv err.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,339 Views)