LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1003 Missing vi.lib dependencies

My application is sequencer where the order and configuration of the child vis are defined by a text based script and the child is called by reference to the file path of the vi. The plugins are all included in the build and their dependencies are known and included at build time.

I've not tried a system where the plugin can be added to a built application retrospectively. I could imagine you'd get dependency issues if the plugin's dependencies are different to those built, in which I can see that your solution of a child vi included in a compiled lvlib would be a good solution.

Cheers

Duncan

Message 11 of 13
(854 Views)

Thought it was worth a mention that I ran into a similar issue today.

In the LabVIEW 2011 SP1 development environment I created a VI to call a Source Distribution VI using a call by reference. In this Caller VI I then closed the reference if it called without error. I then made this VI into an executable and received the 1003 error during runtime of the exe.

Eventually I saw that a search window was opening and closing very quickly every time I ran the exe. I ran the exe via the "run continuously" option and quickly hit the browse button as the window appeared and disappeared. It turns out the executable was also looking for some VI.lib files that were not in my project.

I added these files to the project and then made sure they are always included in the executable build and now the exe is running without issue.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(410 Views)

Thank you for your reply.

I since resolved the issue by compiling the children in compiled packed libraries, then their dependencies are included in their data folder.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(403 Views)