LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -1 occurred at CDK_Utility_GenerateErrorCluster.vi

I am using LabVIEW V14 and am attempting to build a project.

I am able to build the application with no problem at all, but when I attempt to
build the installer, I am getting the following error:

Error -1 occurred at CDK_Utility_GenerateErrorCluster.vi -> IB_Source_Container.lvclass:Report_Preview_Error.vi
This error code is undefined. Undefined errors might occur for a number of reasons. For example, no one has provided a description for the code, or you might have wired a number that is not an error code to the error code input. 

Additionally, undefined error codes might occur because the error relates to a third-party object, such as the operating system or ActiveX.  For these third-party errors, you might be able to obtain a description of the error by searching the Web for the error code (-1) or for its  hexadecimal representation (0xFFFFFFFF).

Any suggestions on how to correct this issue?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
(5,161 Views)
Message 2 of 4
(5,116 Views)

Thanks for the reply-

I didn't see that suggestion until you pointed it out and it took me a while to go through these...

What I did was went into the CMD prompt and did a recursive DIR of all the folders where the dependencies for my

project were located (whole project tree) and piped this into a text file. Then I took the text file and added

tabs to seperate the fields and dumped it all into an excel spreadsheet where I could sort these.

I was able to see the following VIs that were in multiple places but not sure if I got all of the LabVIEW utility libraries

unless these are also located in the same folders. Where are the LabVIEW libraries used by my project found?

Do the following VIs need to have one of each either renamed or delected?

Thanks again

AddUILogMsg.vi
AddUILogMsg.vi
FindNthStringMatch.vi
FindNthStringMatch.vi
GetSoftwareVersion.vi
GetSoftwareVersion.vi
GetSoftwareVersion.vi
GetSoftwareVersion.vi
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,088 Views)

Hi Japper,

Just to clarify, are these all VIs that you created yourself and saved in different locations? If this is the case, it is important that each of them have unique names. If you use the VI search in the upper right hand corner of the Functions Palette, you can see if another VI has the same name.

Shane K

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

http://ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,067 Views)